SUNY Plattsburgh is a public, comprehensive college that prepares students for academic, professional and personal success.
SUNY Plattsburgh will be a model comprehensive college for a student-centered approach to higher education. The “Plattsburgh Experience” will be recognized as one that matches student talents and abilities with pathways to academic, professional and personal success.
Our Shared Values
Academic Excellence with an Emphasis on Critical Inquiry
- We are committed to deepening students’ knowledge and understanding by analyzing information from multiple perspectives, developing and researching new ideas, and applying knowledge and skills.
- We achieve excellence through fostering curiosity, mentoring, creating an enriching academic environment, with commitment to persistence, collaboration, ethics, and continuous improvement.
- Students are our central focus
- Responsibility, accountability, and compassion are essential to learning and self-growth.
Freedom to Speak, Think, and Write
- We are committed to fostering an intellectual, social, and creative environment where all are able to express themselves and realize their full potential.
- We deepen understanding with respect and dignity through civil discourse.
Diversity and Inclusion
- We affirm that diverse people, experiences, places, and ideas are manifestations of strength and innovation in our community.
- We seek deeper understanding by respecting others and their perspectives, and by promoting social justice.
Community and Civic Engagement
- Community and civic engagement arise from a sense of shared purpose and citizenship.
- We work together to create a better quality of life in our local and global communities.