Director: J. Liszka
The major in Individualized Studies is designed for students whose academic interests are cross-disciplinary, do not fit within traditional disciplines, or whose career and professionsal goals cannot be met by existing programs at Plattsburgh. With the help of a faculty advisor, this option allows students to design a major degree program that meets their needs and interests.
The proposed program must be approved by The Individualized Studies Committee. There are two Study Options:
Study Option A. Individualized Studies: Contractual Major. This option is usually arranged in the Junior Year and requires a contracted program of study to be integrated with a capstone experience. The name of the program will be the name that appears on the student transcript. Requires coordination through the Program Coordinator.
Study Option B. Individualized Studies: General Studies is developed with a faculty advisor and may be selected at any time in the student’s course of study. Requires approval of the appropriate Faculty Dean.
Both Study Options must be designed to meet all the requirements for undergraduate degrees.
- Completion of General Education requirements
- Major requirements as detailed below
- 45 credits of courses at the 300-400 level
- The Advanced Writing Requirement
- 1-3 credits of intensive writing through the INT 402 course
- A minimum of 90 credits hours in liberal arts courses for a Bachelor of Arts
- A minimum of 60 credit hours in liberal arts courses for a Bachelor of Science
- A minimum of 120 total credits
For more information, contact the Director at James.Liszka@plattsburgh.edu, Hawkins Hall 134, 518-564-3614
ProgramsMajors (Undergraduate)Minors (Undergraduate)